[plug] Scripts

Earnshaw, Mike earnshawm at wa.switch.aust.com
Thu Nov 23 12:33:19 WST 2000

Pluggers,

At the severe risk of looking dumb ...

My backup script has "suddenly" stopped working.

#!/bin/sh
tar ....
tar ...

The perms on the file are 770 and root.root owns the file, in the
directory (as root) ./script and I get a permission denied message.
Checked perms on /bin/sh, ./ ... what am I missing?

To try an clear the FOG I did a test script that echo some trash to the
screen, same thing.

Thanks

-----
Mike Earnshaw      | Tech support is a fine art      | e-mail in header
 Computer Systems  | which once mastered, virtually  | Tel : +61 8 9256
1099
  Support          | ensures loss of sanity.         | Fax : +61 8 9256
1199
-----
   ,-._|\    Union Switch & signal
  /      \   24 Bannick Court
  *_.--._/   Canning Vale, WA 6155, Western Australia