[plug] Cookies

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 29 12:35:49 WST 2000

Christian wrote:

<snip>

> Either way I think the general
> consensus has been that cookies in this situation are not the privacy
> risk you would like and the security risk is also probably not worth all
> the stress either.

Okay then. I assume that your advice is to assume that any risk with
cookies in the particular circumstance, is negligible, and, that I
should go ahead and allow them, for that website, anyway.

Can anyone tell me, with Netscape 4.61 running on Red Hat Linux 6.2,
what file, and, what path, is the cookie file likely to be?

(No, Leon, not using Win98 for Internet access, for sending emails to
PLUG. You should have seen that, from the email headers. Only use Win98
for Internet access, when I want to send return receipt request emails -
only works with MS Outlook, for iinet ISP. Haven't yet figured how to
use WINE, or, thus, how to run Outlook on WINE.))

Thanks in anticipation.

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988