[plug] squid.conf

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Nov 29 20:12:36 WST 2000

Leon Brooks wrote:

> Michael Hunt wrote:
> > Michael Hunt
> > West Africa
>
> > Forced to use Outlook because I have not enough bandwidth to start a
> > revolution.
>
> Mailed CDs have a surprisingly high bandwidth.

I didn't think that 600MB per month (plus the time for the kalahari
bushmen to cross the desert), was a very good rate of data transmission.

Perhaps, if a bootload of CD's was sent at a time, it might improve the
bandwidth, but, a single CD at a time, being transferred from the
sailing ship, to the steam boat going up the river, to the missionary
going through the jungle, to the zulu's that eat the missioanry, to the
tiger that eats the zulu's, to the kalahari bushmen that kill the tiger,

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988