[plug]

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Wed Oct 4 10:12:28 WST 2000

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 05:28:47AM +0800, tlee wrote:
> No I am a *real* newbie, and much newer than most of the advanced stuff I am reading
> about in plug. What is a troll - somebody who trawls with droll questions?

A troll is a post deliberately designed to elicit a particular response,
usually an aggressive one.  Usually the troller is doing it for a joke
or just to laugh at people's reactions. For example, posting something
highly critical of Linux to this list would likely be a trol, usually an
aggressive one.  For example, posting something highly critical of Linux
to this list would likely be a troll.