[plug] [why not staroffice]

Oliver White ojw at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 4 12:47:27 WST 2000

Ok, a little less cryptically...

I find this comment a little strange, since OO's most popular application is
arguably event driven programming. Smalltalk is a good example. Popular OO
languages mix object orientation with other paradigms, certainly. The other
paradigm may be functional, logical or procedural. It really depends on the
application as to what is most appropriate. Point and click programming has
characterised the OO paradigm for a while now, and as such involves a lot of
events and responses to events. A response need not be procedural.

Or have I missed something?