[plug] dodgy PixelNet/NetGateway

Brian Tombleson brian at ParadigmIT.com.au
Sun Oct 8 13:46:39 WST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Niall Young" <niall at linuxsolutions.net.au>
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2000 11:06 AM

> Yep, it's not a problem to gain access - the point of my email was just to
see
> if others had encountered this or similar products.  (Steve, it was local)
I'd
> rather give my client all of the facts and let them make the decision
about
> whether we should crack into it and take control of what they've paid for,
or
> make the supplier/author clean up their own mess, or replace it
completely.  It
> just scares me that insecure products are being deployed en masse, and
> consumer's rights are being violated.

I would say more that 'customer ignorances are being exploited'.

It saddens me the state of the IT industry and how little respect it has
from other industries.

A company you're dealing with should consider the relationship with you to
be equal to that of their accountant - professional, responsible and
confidential.  But the reality is that IT companies simply are not trusted
and it's because of this kind of behaviour that you've brought to our
attention.

Shouldn't we have a responsibility to clients, the industry and the public
to be open, honest and balanced ?

$0.02 (GST incl.)

- Brian.