[plug] Netscape6 PR3

BaRT bartlists at dingoblue.net.au
Mon Oct 9 11:30:55 WST 2000

Hi,

You Dont have to reinstall Linux to recover from a over write on the MBR,
just load your linux in with loadlin and a kernel file from a dos boot disk
or if you hit the "F8" key when loading Win98 you can get to a command line
from there. When in linux run the command "lilo" to reinstall lilo on the MBR.

loadlin vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1

replace the /dev/hda1 with the place where your linux is.

If you need a kernel Ill maybe able to sort you one out.

BaRT