[plug] dialback daemon

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Tue Oct 10 10:46:58 WST 2000

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 01:25:47PM +1100, Campbell, David (Ex AS17) wrote:
> > From:	Russell Steicke [SMTP:r.steicke at bom.gov.au]
> > Thanks for the reply, but that wasn't it.  mgetty will do callback, but
> > only after the inward bound call has been answered.
>
> The set the modem registers to answer the phone after three rings.
> Don't forget to save the settings to the flash rom.

Ummm, no.  I don't want the modem to answer.  What I want is to be able to
remotely tell the machine to automatically connect to my isp, without
having to have a modem at the remote end (wherever I happen to be, which
is not at home).  xringd can do that, and I got it working last night.
Can't seem to get it to happen today from work, but that may be delays in
the pabx causing the other end to ring more than the once that I'm hearing
at this end.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
On the subject of C program indentation:
		-- Blair P. Houghton