[plug] LaTeX -> Word converter?

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Sun Oct 15 13:47:14 WST 2000

Christian wrote:
> Anyone know of something that will convert LaTeX to Word format?  I
> don't expect it to do a terrific job, just anything that will be less
> work that importing text and re-formatting the whole damn thing.

You can output LaTeX as HTML and at least keep the bolding etc when you read
that into Word. Footnotes and stuff might be harder. You might want to give
Tex2RTF a go (from
http://www.calband.berkeley.edu/calband/calchart/docs/tex2rtf_contents.html).

> I'm submitting a paper for a conference and
> they require Word format (ridiculous I know!).

Send it to them in Word 1.0 format. (-:

--
"It's very hard to predict things... Especially the future."
    -- Prof. Charles Kelemen, Swarthmore CS Dept.