[plug] LaTeX -> Word converter?

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Sun Oct 15 18:00:52 WST 2000

> Word (and not vice-versa), I'm submitting a paper for a conference and
> they require Word format (ridiculous I know!).

I was really annoyed when I discovered the Ministry of Justice had settled
on a standard format for the exchange of documents electronically amongst
participants in the judicial system (eg. for preparation of electronic trial
and appeal books, etc).  I was hoping for an XML-based format, or at the
worst RTF, but do you know what they chose? - Microsoft Word 6.  As if that
wasn't bad enough, they added insult to injury by saying in their propaganda
document that Word 6 format was a universal standard that was
interchangeable between versions 6 or higher of Microsoft Word on all
platforms, "Windows, Macintosh and Unix".  I kid you not, that's what they
said.  As the owner/manager of the first legal office in Perth based around
Linux at both back and front ends, this annoys me.