[plug] LaTeX -> Word converter?

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Oct 16 01:03:57 WST 2000

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 01:47:14PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Christian wrote:
> > Anyone know of something that will convert LaTeX to Word format?
[ snip ]
> You can output LaTeX as HTML and at least keep the bolding etc when you read
> that into Word. Footnotes and stuff might be harder. You might want to give
> Tex2RTF a go (from
> http://www.calband.berkeley.edu/calband/calchart/docs/tex2rtf_contents.html).

If you do try either of these options, Christian, please let us know how
well/badly it works out. As someone who can easily imagine that I might be
faced with a similar circumstance, I'd be quite interested and I suspect
others on the list might be too.

> > I'm submitting a paper for a conference and
> > they require Word format (ridiculous I know!).
>
> Send it to them in Word 1.0 format. (-:

<serious level=not>

Even better - convert the LaTeX document to a single postscript file and
then embed that as an image in an otherwise empty MS Word document. :)

I'm sure you could come up with another dozen or so methods of satisfying
the letter of their requirement while completely and utterly trashing the
spirit of it. *evil grin*

</serious>

> "It's very hard to predict things... Especially the future."
>     -- Prof. Charles Kelemen, Swarthmore CS Dept.

I feel inspired.

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
System administrators are just like women: You can't live with them and you
can't live without them.