[plug] LaTeX -> Word converter?

Colin Muller colin at durbanet.co.za
Mon Oct 16 12:23:23 WST 2000

Mike wrote:

> At 06:08 PM 15/10/2000 +0800, you wrote:
> >Jeremy Malcolm wrote:
> >
> >> said.  As the owner/manager of the first legal office in Perth based around
> >> Linux at both back and front ends, this annoys me.
> >
> >Take them to court. Seriously.
>
> On what basis ?
>
> Its not as if there is a real loss from such adoption ?

Having read ahead in this thread, I think Leon pretty much covered the
potential losses - and as I understand it, government departments are
meant not to insist that others use systems which (can) lead to such
losses. (Lots of room for real-world cynicism there, I acknowledge.)

Having seen all sorts of import problems, I don't find it difficult to
imagine that some Word 6 documents, when read into another program,
could have their meaning altered in a legally meaningful way.

Colin