[plug] Linux-W9x connectivity

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Fri Oct 20 12:19:15 WST 2000

I've got a bit of a problem getting linux boxen and w9x machine sharing
files.  Perhaps someone can suggest a solution.  Here's the situation:

We run a web server.
My wife runs a dual boot machine (W98SE and Mandrake).
I run a dual boot machine (W95 and RH).

We both edit files on the server from our own machines.  It's fine when
we're both using W9x.  We use samba.  However when one of us uses linux
there's a problem.  NFS will only mount  the web server directory as Read
Only.  Samba won't mount the directory at all.

Suggestions?

skribe
         Purity:                           62.0%
         Corruption:                    38.0%
         Insanity:                        36.3636363636364%
         Weirdness factor:           31%
         Experience Level:           JonKatz Wannabe
         Medieval Career:            Black Knight