[plug] Warning! Rant ahead

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Sat Oct 21 19:27:12 WST 2000

It started up in Geraldton, but has somehow put together the cash to buy out
many rural and some Perth ISPs and POPs.

The Gero setup (and the Carnarvon POP) didn't set the world on fire with
reliability (and still doesn't).  All NT stuff - very expensive to get
commercial server stuff done - we were invited to buy into some software
they had to buy for $$$$.

However, they probably inherited some worthwhile stuff with their buyouts.

Another good thing for me is I have access to a free unlimited account (not
my own)!

K.