[plug] vmware -- [me too;-)]

Earnshaw, Mike earnshawm at wa.switch.aust.com
Mon Oct 23 12:57:51 WST 2000

List,

I tried VMWare many months ago on Linux but could not get my video card
working with the software they supply to run a Win$low VM. I e-mailed
asking them for advice ... to cut a long story short I got no response.
To be frank I was that disappointed with their 'help desk' I elected not
to pay the US$300 they want if you are a business entity. Which is their
loss as I had 20 machines to do. In the end we resorted to the unrefined
way of dual booting.

Question is has anyone else found a problem with the quality of service
from VMWare? I did look at Win4Lin a while ago too but that was v1 which
did not cover all the bases, not sure what version they are at now.

Mike