[plug] (Really OT): Year 12 Muck up day prank

Jason :) jas at whatever.iinet.net.au
Fri Oct 27 13:56:42 WST 2000

Hi

I got this distributed to a few people over the last couple of days, but
no one responded so I'm sending it here.

As a joke for the last day of year 12, I've made this "advertisement",
and I was hoping a few people could respond to it.

(By the way, Grant Grosser is my information systems teacher. For people
on this list who work at my school, please don't tell Mr Grosser it was
me until next week :) )

Thanks, and sorry for the offtopic post

Jason

Network Infrastucture for Sale

A major Perth metropolitan educational and curriculum development
organisation has recently decided on a major and complete overhaul and
re-implementation of its Information Technology and Telecommunications
(IT&T) to a Citrix Metaframe infrastructure supported by Tier 1 personal
computer hardware. To allow the implementation of the new system to be
finalised by February 2001, the organisation wishes to dispose of its
complete current infrastructure as soon as possible.

To prepare a formal expression of interest, it is necessary to contact
Mr Grant Grosser, the Senior Information Systems manager of the
organisation, between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm Friday 27 October
2000. Due to the tight time frame of design, disposal of existing system
and implementation of new system, Mr Grosser will only be available in
this limited time slot. To have your expression of interest registered,
you must contact Mr Grosser on the above date. Expressions of interest
received outside of this time slot will not be considered. Any
appropriately registered expressions of interest will be considered as
will any financial offer indicated in those expressions of interest.

Details of the organisation’s current IT&T infrastructure are as
follows, as are Mr Grosser’s contact details. Because of the limited
time slot, it is advisable to contact Mr Grosser by mobile telephone.
This number is listed below.  In addition to telephoning your expression
of interest however, please also feel free to forward a confirming
e-mail to Mr Grosser of your intentions.

Servers (8):
x86 Pentium class processors
Currently used for web, ftp, mail, file and proxy servers, and
firewalling on a primarily Windows based network.

Workstations (132)
Pentium class ranging from P-66 to P3-800
Currently running Windows 95/98

Peripheral devices
6 Laser printers
2 colour ink jet printers

Network Devices
4 x 8-port hubs
6 x 24-port hubs
Bridge used to connect the two subnetworks currently in use
Optical fibre, UTP and coaxial cables

Contact:            Mr Grant Grosser
Mobile:            0408 929 110
Telephone:            (08) 9300 1200