[plug] Pretty Printer

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Sat Oct 28 18:32:01 WST 2000

On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 02:06:32PM +0800, BillK wrote:
> Is there a pretty printer program that will print colour highlighted c++
> source code?  Many like  gvim etc do sytax highlighting on the display,
> but not when printed.  I would prefer one that just adds colour, not
> reformats my work as well.

Ok, firstly (in my experience at least) the words "pretty printer" refer
to a program which will format source code (i.e., indent or "pretty
print" it) automatically and from what you say here I'm guessing what
you want is a program that will generate syntax highlighted printed
source code.  If that's what you want then my recommendation is a2ps
(anything to postscript) which will do syntax highlighting for most
languages as well as the ability to control the a whole host of
different aspects of the layout.

Hope this helps,

Christian.