[plug] OT: Shell startup file permissions

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Mon Oct 30 11:49:37 WST 2000

Hi all,

This is a bit off-topic so please send your replies directly to me.
If people could please send me the initial or default permissions for
the set of files that the shell executes when it starts for any Un*x
systems handy (esp., Linux, Solaris, *BSD).  The files in question are
things like:

.bashrc
.bash_profile
.profile
.cshrc

Note that I'm not interested in the permissions for the system-wide
versions of these files found under /etc.

Please also let me know what which system (and distribution) the
permissions are from.

Thanks,

Christian.