[plug] UPS & powerd

Brian Tombleson Brian at ParadigmIT.com.au
Fri Sep 1 11:48:50 WST 2000

Hi List,

I've read the UPS-HOW and all the doco with powerd (powerd-2.0-1.i386.rpm)
for a "Liebert PowerSure" UPS I'm trying to get communicating with RedHat
6.2.

I've had a mail form their tech support saying essentially:

"pins 1 and 7 are low battery - pins 8 and 9 are on battery
When the UPS goes on battery a relay closes and pins 8 and 9 are shorted
together.
When UPS battery is low, pins 1 and 7 short together. So, you need to
monitor pins 8
and 9 for a closed circuit. "

What I can't work out is how this information relates to powerd's config.

My current config :

delay 2
serialline /dev/ttyS0
monitor CTS
failwhen high
pollingstep 2
asserthigh DTR

For some reason the daemon fails when I try turning on debug and I've tried
specifying a logfile but nothing is ever written to it.

Anyone had any experience with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Brian Tombleson