[plug] Script not working

navarre at plug.linux.org.au navarre at plug.linux.org.au
Mon Sep 4 21:39:26 WST 2000

Hello List

I have a simple script file to print from PS to PCL. When the same
commands are run from the command line I get an output. What run as the
sript I get nothing. That is no errors on the comand line or no output to
printer, have not looked at log files as yet.

isabeau: ~ $cat gs-print
#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/gs -q -dSAFER -dBATCH -sDEVICE=laserjet -r300x300 -dNOPAUSE
-sOutpuFile=\|lpr /home/navarre/print.ps
isabeau: ~ $ls -l gs-print
-rwxr-xr-x   1 navarre  1000          123 Sep  4 13:30 gs-print
isabeau: ~ $

Print spooling, and the gs command string work fine, it is only using the
script to semi automate the printing that is not working.

Any clues please.

Navarre