[plug] Perth 19 & cloudy, Sydney 17 & fine, Hades -2 & snow.

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Tue Sep 5 13:15:51 WST 2000

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 01:02:23PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> Does that mean that the licensing problem with KDE, or, with software
> developed for KDE, or, whatever it was, will come to an end?
> >From memory, previous discussion has existed, about licensing problems,
> related to one of the scenario's above, regarding KDE.

It means that they will essentially come to an end with the release of
Qt 2.2.  I guess the only bad thing about all this is that the Windows
version will still be under a proprietary license (although there would
be nothing preventing people from porting the GPL'd version to Windows).
I would still say that GTK has some sort of advantage though because it
is LGPL'd so is more useful to commercial, proprietary or
free-but-GPL-incompatible licenses.

Regards,

Christian.