[plug] database

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Wed Sep 6 11:42:09 WST 2000

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Leon Brooks wrote:

> <mmmmf!>

It was available and I had someone who'd do the work for me.  when I didn't
have time.   It was a good solution at the time.  It was always a stop-gap
measuere ... Now I can get rid of it :)

> > to postgres.
> > ATM it's not accessible BUT from memory we have 33 (financial) members.
>
> Uh, how hard is this? If Access will write anything like ASCII, it should be a
> two-minute job.

Yeah export each table a CSV, use the appropriate CREATE TABLE () and INSERT
INTO statements.  then I have psql access to the data.   The slow down is the
web/console interface that doen't mean I have to type long SQL statements.

It will be ready for the installfest.   Thats the deadline I've given myself.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */