[plug] acrobat reader and printing

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Wed Sep 6 11:55:33 WST 2000

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 11:46:55AM +0800, Christian wrote:
> In this case PDF seems like an good solution
> (although the password protection is pointless)

I'm not sure about Murdoch or other Perth universities, but here
at Curtin we are not allowed to release course material publicaly.
(no, I don't understand it either... it's not like anyone would
want to steal it and use it for themselves  :)

I'm going to assume that that would be the reason for password
protecting the PDF -- one more level of security.  We already
password protect our unit webpages
( http://www.computing.edu.au/units/ ) to the outside world.  I
expect it won't be long before we're told to password protect our
PDFs and other files too.