[plug] GDI printer

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 6 14:10:19 WST 2000

Leon Brooks wrote:

<snip>

> BTW, GDI printers suck. They're cheap in all possible ways and blow up easily.

Not all GDI printers. I have been using an NEC Superscript 660+, for a
couple of years, now, and it churns out pages okay. Apart from some
problems, initially, with the driver installation, it has not given any
problems (apart from the absence of a Linux driver, and, only having
drivers for Win3.x and Win9x; notably, not WinNT).

While we do not have a high throughput; a ream of paper tends to last a
month or so, it has done okay, for the throughput.

--

Bret Busby