[plug] Flamebait

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Thu Sep 7 09:12:15 WST 2000

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 01:41:59PM +0000, Oliver White wrote:
> Ok... I'm a pretty open minded guy, but am I the only one who thinks
> stallman's response to the GPLing of the QT library is being a tad
> unforgiving?

Nope  :)    Apparently KDE didn't like it too much either:
http://www.kde.org/announcements/rmsresponse.html
http://devel-home.kde.org/~granroth/personally.html

Still, despite not liking a lot of what he says, the world would
probably be a lot worse off *without* RMS.  We need alternate
viewpoints; and it's a fact that in today's society, you only get
noticed and listened to if you're loud and controversial.  RMS is
providing that voice.  If only 10% of his ideas are heard and
accepted, I think that would be just about right  :)