[plug] Flamebait

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Thu Sep 7 10:20:30 WST 2000

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 01:41:59PM +0000, Oliver White wrote:
> Ok... I'm a pretty open minded guy, but am I the only one who thinks
> stallman's response to the GPLing of the QT library is being a tad
> unforgiving?

What specifically about it was unforgiving?  I read it as a largely
congratulatory piece which sought to reduce the divide between the free
software community and KDE/Qt with a touch of humour thrown in at the
end.  More or less what I was thinking and expected.  In fact, I seem to
remember rms mentioning the idea of forgiveness several times and
actually offering it...