[plug] Flamebait (RMS)

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Sep 7 21:41:04 WST 2000

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Leon Brooks wrote:

> Leon Blackwell wrote:
> > Still, despite not liking a lot of what he says, the world would
> > probably be a lot worse off *without* RMS.
>
> Funny, an awful lot of people use words to that effect about RMS... (-:

Linux could not have existed without gnu. Without RMS we would all be
using FreeBSD <<shudder>>.
   (Would that have been allowed if gnu/linux didnt exist?)

Sure, RMS pisses everybody off. The "lignux" bit got me. (remember that?)
But he is still God. Lets face it, Linus is a mere mortal in comparison.
If we had to choose one in a deathmatch against Gates, Ellison, Case,
Turner etc for the future of mankind, I'll take Stallman.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--