[plug] IPCHAINS

Robert Andrews squirrel at emerge.net.au
Sat Sep 9 12:26:05 WST 2000

Hi all I am trying to get Microsoft Netmeeting to work on my Win98 comp Via
my Linux server
I have Redhat 6.1
I think the Kernal version is 2.2.12
ipchains 1.3.9, 17-Mar-1999

The chain rule I am trying to implement is from
http://www.tsmservices.com/masq/detailform.php3?132
and is as follows

Microsoft NetMeeting 2.0

       Application:
                         Microsoft NetMeeting 2.0
       Submitted by:
                         Jim Valera
       Kernel:
                         2.0.30
       Modules:
       IPChains:
                         Primary TCP connections:
                         This will allow what microsoft calls the 'Primary
TCPConnections' to work. This
                         will allow such features as: applicationsharing,
whiteboard, chat, file transfer, and
                         directory lookups.
                         ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 389 389
                         ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 522 522
                         ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 1503 1503
                         ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 1720 1720
                         ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 1731 1731
                         You can make only outgoing calls. I have not tried
incomming calls but itmay
                         work if you have previously connected to the same
user.
                         Secondary TCP/UDP connections:
                         This will allow what microsoft calls the 'Secondary
TCP and UDPConnections' to
                         work. This will allow such features as: audio and
videoconferencing using the
                         H.323 protocol.
                         ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 1024 65535ipmasqadm
autofw -A -r udp 1024
                         65535

However ipchains gives an error that basicly says to check the help file
when I try to implement the commands in my rc.firewall script
I have change the lines below to read as follows but it made no diff
? do I have the wrong ipchains version or kernal version
? or is there a typo

/sbin/ipchains -ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 389 389
#/sbin/ipchains -ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 522 522
#/sbin/ipchains -ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 1503 1503
#/sbin/ipchains -ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 1720 1720
#/sbin/ipchains -ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 1731 1731

Regards Bob Andrews