[plug] Kernal compile

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Sat Sep 9 21:33:05 WST 2000

Robert Andrews wrote:
> Hi all my question is how do I find out how my Kernal was compiled
> i.e how do I find if it was compiled with the following

>        CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL=y
>        CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE=y
>        CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_MOD=y
>        CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPAUTOFW=y/m
>        CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPPORTFW=y/m
>        CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_MFW=y/m

If it was compiled from source on your machine, look in (ie, less)
/usr/src/linux/.config ; the next best guess is to look in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ -
mine was compiled with masq but no autofw/portfw and has exactly two *masq*
files there, namely: ip_masq_debug and ip_masq_upd_dloose. If yours is different
you may learn something; also check /proc/net, mine has four files, namely:
ip_fwchains, ip_fwnames, ip_masq, ip_masquerade.

--
The Chico, California, City Council enacted a ban on nuclear weapons,
setting a $500 fine for anyone detonating one within city limits.