[plug] RPM kernel Upgrade

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Tue Sep 12 21:45:26 WST 2000

> I am having trouble upgrading to the latest Red Hat kernel using the RPM
> command. Even though it completes without any error messages I find that
> the new kernel has installed correctly.

Uh, and that's a problem because...?

Assuming you meant "not" then are you sure you are not just installing the
kernel sources, which you then have to compile yourself?

cd /usr/src/linux [make sure the symlink is there and up-to-date]
make mrproper
make menuconfig
make dep
make bzlilo
make modules
make modules_install
reboot

--
Independent consulting solicitor* | _ .__ ._ _    |\/| _.| _ _ |._ _
and technology consultant.**    \_|(/_|(/_| | |\/ |  |(_||(_(_)|| | |
* http://www.ilaw.com.au ** http://www.terminus.net.au jm at ilaw.com.au