[plug] New parallel port

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Fri Sep 15 11:33:57 WST 2000

Is there anything I need to do to set up a second parallel port, once the
card is in? (I recall in a recent post you had to create new serial ports
somehow).

(It's the school - they're so excited about their Linux proxy server / Samba
print server that they want to put the other printer onto it).

I may be able to score one of those print server boxes, but I'm not sure if
there will be a setup disc for it (this will let me keep the printer on the
opposite side of the room and avoid the need for a second parallel port).  I
assume it can have a name and/or fixed IP stuffed into it, otherwise I will
have to use tcpdump to sniff out its NIC address and set up dhcpd to reserve
a specific IP address for it.  Does anyone have a working syntax for
dhcpd.conf to do that? Or any other brilliant ideas on dealing with a print
server? (I think it's a Cisco)

K.