[plug] MS Freedom to inovate network ????? (off topic )

Bradley Woodward sweenytod at sweenytod.com
Mon Sep 18 12:48:16 WST 2000

At 12:34 PM 18/09/2000, you wrote:
>OK, perhaps you are meaning something else to what everyone thinks you
>mean. Since you seem sure that what you have said is accurate, I do not
>doubt it, but could you explain how you reach the conclusion you appear to
>reach from these figures?
>
>On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Bradley Woodward wrote:
> > OS              Hosts           %       Active          %
> > Linux           6,116,811       35.73   2,265,095       29.99
> > Microsoft       3,644,187       21.32   2,222,841       28.32
> >
> > Apache is still in front, but not by a heck of a lot.
>
>Or were the table and the comment not meant to be related?

As somebody else pointed out, I'm quoting Linux vs MS figures, not IIS vs
Apache figures.  I wonder what difference that makes.  Let's see.  We have
Zeus on Linux as well, and Netscape stuff too.  Netscape is mostly high end
enterprise sites, and running on Solaris they say.

I made the assumption that Linux == Apache, and that is obviously
wrong.  Which I suspect is the point you were both making.  sigh.

So, I shall now shut the hell up, go and drink another coffee, and leave
you all in peace.

Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd.    His skin was pale and his eye was odd.
Always trust an Australian with a razor.

http://www.sweenytod.com               Paranoid is normal, normal is good