[plug] PDA's

Brian Tombleson Brian at ParadigmIT.com.au
Mon Sep 18 17:52:11 WST 2000

I agree with most of what Cristian says, but the slip-side (between this
side and the flip side :) I would like to point out is that I don't think it
hurts to show how flexible and extensible Linux can be, so good luck to
porting it to PDA's - just because I won't use it doesn't mean it doesn't
deserve to be tried.

Also, I think it's good to extend the GNU/FSF philosophy onto all mediums.
If (for some unthinkable reason) the PDA's completely replace the desktop
computer, I would hate to think that proprietary vendors have once again
cornered the market with deal-making and customizations on hardware so the
Linux and free software movement is set back to the dark ages.

Just thoughts.

-Brian.