[plug] IPChains

Damion Hill dhill at wantree.com.au
Mon Sep 18 22:00:47 WST 2000

I'm hoping to get a pointer here.

I've set up a script to apply the IPChains I wish to use for my home
network and have them working. The one thing that needs attention
is the setting for the IP address. All of the details I've found in doco
refer to static IP or DHCP. I dial to iiNet who assign an ip
depending on which port you've dialed in to.

How can I automate the IP setting in my script? At present I'm
using ifconfig to get the address and editing a macro in the script
before applying the rules. There has to be an easier way!!

Cheers,
Damion.
--
Damion Hill