[plug] Programming Languages

Rob Dunne robd at anville.wa.cmis.csiro.au
Tue Sep 19 22:08:40 WST 2000

I think that you should have a look at fortran

for general info on fortran on linux
    http://studbolt.physast.uga.edu/templon/fortran.html

for comments on g77 -- an very nice fortran compiler
       http://studbolt.physast.uga.edu/templon/g77-comments.html

a fortan90 subset compiler (no f77 backwards compatability)
      http://www.imagine1.com/

see also  Clive G. Page, "Professional Programmer's Guide
             to Fortran 77"
at ftp.star.le.ac.uk in  /pub/fortran/prof77.ps.gz

--
 Rob Dunne         Fax: +61 8 9333 6121     Tel: +61 8 9333 6178
 CSIRO Mathematical and Information Sciences
 http://matilda.vu.edu.au/~dunne  Email: Robert.Dunne at cmis.csiro.au

        Java has certainly revolutionized marketing and litigation.