[plug] Programming Languages

Rob Dunne robd at anville.wa.cmis.csiro.au
Wed Sep 20 00:38:31 WST 2000

hi,

Pacific-Sierra Research offer
a "Personal Linux f90 Version"  ( http://www.psrv.com/lnxf90.html )
ie private use only  also there are several commercial f90
compilers available for linux
on  x86 machine but only one (I think) for alpha machines.
But if you dont need backward compatability with f77 then
the "F" compiler from  http://www.imagine1.com/ is ofen recommended
(I havnt used it).

I really I think we need to know what sort of programming
is being considered -- but if it uses arrays then it is a good
idea to consder fortran.
                     bye

Bret Busby writes:

 > Wot about FORTRAN-90?
 >
 > Is there not a full, free, ANSI FORTRAN-90 compiler available for Linux?
 >

 > By the way, Rob; do you know that you had set your Reply To address? Was
 > it intentional?

No, not intentional. But then I cound not follow all the
debate about  "Reply To" that went on in this list a while ago.