[plug] Anon FTP Accounts

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed Sep 20 11:18:05 WST 2000

G'day all,
I'm playing with anon ftp accounts on a Debian Slink box,
the man page for ftpd suggests putting ls in
~ftp/bin so that the ftp client can access a directory listing,
which is not a bad idea really :p) BUT!
simply copying /bin/ls to ~ftp/bin does not work, because
the ftpd chroots to the ~ftp directory
I have been able to make it work, by creating an ~ftp/lib
directory, and putting libc and ld-linux.so in there, and
putting ld.so.cache in ~ftp/etc.
Is there a trick to this, or is this the way to go about it.
Or should I just compile up a static version of ls and use
that ?

--
Brad....
                   /"\