[plug] ESS Audio Card and Real Encoder

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Wed Sep 20 12:47:09 WST 2000

G'day all,

I've had this problem for a while and I am no Linux expert, so I was
wondering if anyone had any ideas?
I use my Linux 5.2 machine as an online radio, ie you log in, tune and and
listen to the radio.
Sometimes (too often and at the wrong times) though the encoder in the
server stops because of this error from /var/log/messages :
linux kernel: Sound: DMA (input) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

Does anybody know how I could fix this?
Every time I get this error the audio encoder stops encoding and nobody who
uses the radio can get sound, in fact they get an error someting to the
effect of "The link you're looking for is either outdated or does not
exist...."

I would really love to get rid of this problem so audio streams constantly
and users don't get errors.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks in advance !

Kai