[plug] SCSI CDR/CDRW advice needed

Kim Covil kimc at zydeco.ned.dem.csiro.au
Thu Sep 21 17:04:12 WST 2000

> I'm looking to buy a SCSI CD-R or CD-RW (probably RW since everything is RW
> nowadays). Can anyone give me some recommendations, of course the
> thing has to work with Linux ;) I have a SCSI-2 controller, so would anything
> with a higher spec'd scsi interface work?

I have been very happy with my Yamaha 4416S CDRW since I got it... very
nice unit... no problems under Linux (it is one of the units donated to
the writer of cdrecord so is used for testing) It is a 4X write, 4X
rewrite, 16X read unit.

There are newer Yamaha models of this out these days with faster
read/write/rewrite speeds... I assume they are of equal or better
quality with the same or more capabilities...

Cheers

Kim

Kim Covil - CSIRO Exploration & Mining   E-mail: kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,        Tel: +61 8 9284 8425   ,-_!\
            Western Australia  6009      Fax: +61 8 9389 1906  /     \
                                                               *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at covil.com.au