[plug] ESS Audio Card and Real Encoder

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Fri Sep 22 13:06:07 WST 2000

G'day,

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 12:15:08PM -0400, Len Bird wrote:
> Yes I concur. Actually you would be much better off with a Soundblaster
> 16 Pro-----but they do
> not make them any more.  Does anyone know of a simple Sound Card that
> works in all flavours
> of Linux?   Various dealers make extravagant claims for ISA Sound Cards
> with telephone numbers
> for a price,  but none of them will give any guarantee about performance
> in anything other than
> Windoze.

I've never had any problems with the AWE64 Gold I have in my main system,
the SB16 in my secondary system, or the really crappy crystal chipset thing
in my laptop (although I need to rmmod and modprobe if I go into suspend
mode).

Then again, i've never really done much input audio streaming (or recording)
on any of the systems. I listen to music all day though ;)

Later,

Jason Nicholls