[plug] good experience with M17

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Sat Sep 23 19:27:32 WST 2000

Jason Nicholls wrote:

> G'day Bill,
>
> On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 11:00:46AM +0800, BillK wrote:
> > Question Jason, does it "do" java, dynamic html, javascript, secure java
> > (aka netbank) etc yet.  I checked one of the early versions and it was
> > so limited that I could only browse a few simpler sites so gave up.  If
> > it cannot do this, other than displaying graphics, may as well be using
> > lynx!  Galleon looks promising, but no mention of java support when I
> > looked the other day.

> M17 doesn't have SSL support, but according to Josh the nightly builds do. I
> expect M18 to have SSL in that case, and as I mentioned, it should be out in
> October.

Apparently you can download and add SSL support to it. Yes, SSL is
coming in M18. I have this vague idea that it supports Java by starting
an existing runtime if so configured, but why not rea dthe FAQ and if
that's unclear, ask someone at Mozilla who actually knows? (-:

BTW, Konqueror (successor to KFM) supports both now.

--
If at first you don't succeed, try a shorter bungee.