[plug] PCI soundcards

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Sat Sep 23 21:51:57 WST 2000

Dennis Plester wrote:
> Are there any downsides to Mandrake for a "typical" home user, apart from
> being slightly off the pace with some of the included application versions?
> I've heard some people say its buggy, but I haven't seen this side of it
> yet...

Mandrake 7.2beta fixes the first and really illustrates the latter quite well
(e.g. you can't configure Konquerer at all). Mandrake is usually closer to the
pace than RedHat, and streets ahead of Caldera, when it comes to application
versions (with Debian, it depends on whether we're talking about the "stable"
tree or not). The only exception to this is the current Caldera Tech Preview CD
which ships with things like kernel 2.4.0pre and Apache 2.

--
Administrator's Dictionary:
Supercomputer n. (1) A computer that anticipates commands.