[plug] printcap settings and Windows printer

Subba Rao subb3 at attglobal.net
Mon Sep 25 05:52:06 WST 2000

On  0, "Campbell, David (Ex AS17)" <david.j.campbell at honeywell.com> wrote:
> Opps,
>
> For printing to that windows box try:
>
> $ smbclient \\\\machine\\printer -P <password> -U <username>
> smb: \> print
> print <filename>
> smb: \> quit
>
> Replace <password> and <username> as appropriately (try the "guest" user)
> the extra slash marks (\\) is due to the slash character being used for
> escape
> sequences in bash.
>
> David Campbell

Thanks for this help! I am now at a point where I can print a file to the NT
printer. The formating is all screwed up. How can I avoid the "staircase"
effect on text documents? How can I print PDF and Word document files?
One PDF file, I tried to print had all postscript type gibberish all over
the pages. There was nothing readable.

Thanks again for your help.
--

Subba Rao