[plug] Mandrake 7.2beta - worth it?

Dennis Plester dennisp at tiwest.com.au
Mon Sep 25 09:59:32 WST 2000

Firstly, my congrats to all those involved with the Installfest. I couldn't
make it due to family commitments, but by all accounts it was a great effort
by all involved...

Secondly, I see that Mandrake 7.2beta made an appearance. For someone
happily getting by with an existing 7.1 installation, is it worth upgrading
to the beta, or best to wait for the final release? I mainly use my machine
for general Internet use, burning the odd CD, a fair amount of web database
development work for interest and some Unreal Tournament/Q3 with what little
time I have left. I haven't particularly gone out of my way to upgrade any
of the packages included in the original distro apart from Xcdroast, PHP,
MySQL and my TNT2/Voodoo 2 drivers.

Anyone out there with similar interests who has tried it feel I should give
the beta a go?

Thanks,

Dennis.