[plug] PDA's

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Sep 26 16:20:58 WST 2000

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Bradley Woodward wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Christian wrote:
>
> > At risk of sounding controversial, why do you want a handheld that runs
> > Linux?  If it's just for the cool factor/hack value then fair enough.
>
> Well, two reasons.  I do want one for the normal PDA things, such as address
> books, hand held diary, that sort of thing.  The main reason I wanted a linux
> version was that I want to try and develop some software for it.

No problem with a Palm - there seems to be lots of Linux software for
Palm, both for connectivity and software development. Well I hope so, as I
just bought the new Palm m100.
  I think the Palm has succeeded so well because it is fairly "open". It
is easy for anybody to write software for it.

> Now to beat up on the budget and find the cash.

m100 is only $299 from au.buy.com. That cant last with the AUD plummet.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--