re iinet support and Linux; was Re: [plug] FAQ - alpha release

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Wed Sep 27 12:39:20 WST 2000

G'day People,

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 10:08:00AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
<snip>
> I think the basic problem with iinet support, is the lack of standards;
> one day you get a person who knows what a computer is, and what Linux
> is, the next day, you get a person who is still learning to count on its
> fingers.
</snip>

iiNet went through a phase where they increased the support load considerably
when purchasing other ISPs (that's just my opinion). How do you cope with this
load? Hire more people - and that's where the difficulties come in. Over in
Sydney it's a chore to get decent trained support staff, you usually need to
get people with promise and train them up. Over in Perth it can only be that
much harder, especially when you consider the number of staff they have.

They have seemed to cope well, and now the ISP purchases have subsided a more
consistent level of service will probably return.

Later,

Jason Nicholls