[plug] [OT] "spam, spam, spam, spam, loverly spam," ... - where are the vikngs?

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 28 14:27:03 WST 2000

Brian Tombleson wrote:

> [...]

Different types of spam; one, the first, where some nasty person does a
mailbomb, the second, where some comercial enterprise goes flitting
around the net, looking for websites with names, or, with tags, that
resemble its product names, then sends emails to the website people,
regardless of whether the website has anything to do with its products.

Which one of the three offends your decency? Butt-plugs, made from
dowelling, used for fixing holes in, or increasing the security of, butt
joints, in carpentry; bath-plugs, made of rubber, plastic, or bits of
old clothing, packed together in a tight ball, for stopping the water
running out of baths; and wall-plugs, made of plastic or fibre, for
plugging holes in walls. The uses are obvious, from the names. Where is
the problem with decency?

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988