[plug] [OT] "spam, spam, spam, spam, loverly spam," ... - where are the vikngs?

The Thought Assassin assassin at live.wasp.net.au
Thu Sep 28 14:37:10 WST 2000

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Bret Busby wrote:
> Leon Brooks wrote:
> >     http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0%2C4586%2C2633574%2C00.html
> What is the difference between that, and the messages at the bottom of
> the free emails, like the Hotmail emails, the "Are you a yahoo today",
> the Netscape free email message, etc?

Admittedly I haven't followed the link to ZDNet on principle, but assuming
that Leon is talking about what I imagine he is talking about, Microsoft
have been sending an unsolicited mail to everyone on a user's list of
known addresses. That is a bit different to attaching a message at the end
of an email that at least has useful, unautomated content at the top.

-Greg