[plug] wine, netscape

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Thu Sep 28 19:26:42 WST 2000

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, alan howard wrote:

> yes I am shutting down netscape correctly- its not after a crash or lock up..

Have you removed the lockfile?
(yourhomedir/.netscape/lock)

It could be there from when Netscape crashed previously, and everytime
netscape comes up it warnes you and you click OK but because you don't
actually remove the lockfile, it never gets removed so the next time you
load Netscape, it warns you again.

> and yes again with wine. I tried both the linux and dos conventions for the
> path and executable and neither worked., ( i tried several programs , including
> ones that are known to work).

Have you added a Drive statement for the directory where the executable
resides?

eg:
[Drive C]
Path=/win98
Type=hd
Label=MS-DOS
Filesystem=win95

if you're trying to run stuff from /win98/

I had a similar error come up when I tried to run things from my home
directory, which wasn't listed in any of the Drive stanzas.

 - Matt