[plug] [OT] "spam, spam, spam, spam, loverly spam," ... - where are the vikngs?

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Sep 28 20:56:56 WST 2000

The Thought Assassin wrote:
> Admittedly I haven't followed the link to ZDNet on principle, but assuming
> that Leon is talking about what I imagine he is talking about, Microsoft
> have been sending an unsolicited mail to everyone on a user's list of
> known addresses. That is a bit different to attaching a message at the end
> of an email that at least has useful, unautomated content at the top.

Close. New versions of Outlook, when you change your email address,
*automatically* mail your entire contact list [some of whom you may decidedly
*not*want* to inform] with the details... and a cordial invitation to try MSN.
So... a one-shot ILUVYOU virus, from the people who brought you the blue screen
of death. Be ever so grateful!

--
You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!
    -- The President, "Dr. Strangelove"